Two-component epoxy-polyurethane adhesive for rubber, PVC, linoleum,
wood, iron, ceramics and natural stones. For indoors and outdoors.
Fields of use – EPOTEK 2C is suitable:
• to glue linoleum, PVC, carpeting, making sure that the substrate has a humidity of less than 2% and does not have any rising damp;
• to internally and externally glue any type of ceramic tile, glass mosaic or similar to floors and walls on any substrate. For laying masonry bathrooms and kitchens also on wooden substrates;
• on traditional civil plaster or cement mortar walls, on wood, chipboard, plasterboard, prefabricated or cast concrete;
• on dry plaster and gypsum-based substrates, without the need for a preventive primer; • for overlapping tiles on old floors;
• for gluing false ceilings in polystyrene or expanded polyurethane and plaster ceiling roses;
• wherever surfaces subject to strong vibrations and mechanical or thermal deformations have to be coated;
• wherever waterproofing of the laying surface is required;
• for bonding dimensionally unstable natural stones to humidity.
EPOTEK 2C can be kept for 12 months in the original packaging at a temperature not lower than +5°C. Do not expose to direct sunlight.
• Maintain the mixing ratios between the two components;
• do not use EPOTEK 2C on damp surfaces or surfaces subject to rising damp;
• once the product has set, it is extremely difficult to clean;
• operating at high temperatures or on surfaces exposed to direct sunlight considerably reduces the hardening time of the product;
• bear in mind that temperatures below +12°C can considerably lengthen the hardening time and workability can be difficult due to the hardness of the mix.
The substrates must be flat, solid, solid and free of removable parts, clean from dust, grease, oil, varnish, wax, these substrates must be dry and well seasoned. Preventively protect the laying surfaces from direct sunlight. The metal supports must be free of rust which, if present, must be completely removed by brushing or sandblasting.
The two components of EPOTEK 2C are pre-dosed (9.4 kg Comp. A and 0.6 kg comp. B). Pour component B catalyst into the drum containing component A and mix with a low-speed mechanical stirrer (max. 150 rpm to avoid excessive air entrapment) until the components are completely mixed. The consistency and hardening of the mix are conditioned by the temperature which can be considered optimal at +23°C. Spread the adhesive on the support first with the smooth side of the trowel and then with the notched one; the trowel must have adequate teeth so that the back of the tiles adheres to the adhesive on at least 70% of the surface and 100% for laying outdoors, in swimming pools or areas subject to heavy traffic. For applications in areas exposed to frost or subject to particular mechanical stresses (exteriors, swimming pools, facades, floors subject to heavy loads, floors to be smoothed on site), the EPOTEK 2C adhesive must be spread both on the substrate and on the back of the tile to ensure absence of empty spaces in the adhesive layer (double spreading method). If EPOTEK 2C is used as a waterproofer, it is recommended to spread the material in two phases. The first as a 1 mm skim coat and after about 24 hours, apply the second layer with the notched trowel suitable according to the type of material to be laid.
Technical and application data
Hazard classification according to directive 99/45/EC: irritant (component A)
irritant (component B)
Dough ratio: comp A: comp B = 9.4 : 0.6
Specific weight of the mix: 1.53 g/cm³
Brookfield viscosity (mPa.s) 200,000 (CPS 20/7)
Duration of the mix: about 60 minutes
Application temperature: from +10°C to +30°C
Open time (according to EN 1346): about 2 hours
Recording time: about 3 hours
Waiting time for sealing the joints on the wall: about 12 hours
Waiting time for sealing joints on the floor: approximately 12 hours
Walkability: 12 hours
Commissioning: about 7 days
Customs code: 35069100
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.